Thứ Sáu, 5 tháng 10, 2018

Travel in Vietnam on the night train

Travel in Vietnam on the night train


If you have the time and want to experience a leisurely trip across the coastal cities from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, the best option is the night train: you will spend the night on the train and then take a few days to explore each place you visit.

Traveling on the night train brings very interesting feeling.

This way, you can save a small sum on your hotel bill. Here is an interesting experience from the adventure on the Vietnam Railway Tour by British journalist Rough Guides, Heidi Fuller.

Known as the Unified Ship on the North-South Railway of Vietnam, the ship was designed by the French (when Vietnam was part of the French Indochina Federation). Although the ship was later severely damaged by repeated bombs during the Vietnam War, it was reintroduced in 1975 (now known as Saigon). Ho Chi Minh). And now I choose it for travel around the coastal cities of Vietnam. In Ho Chi Minh City, I went to Pho Ngu Lao West Street and bought a ticket to Nha Trang from a travel agent. On a small street in Pham Ngu Lao, I can find some snacks to linger for the trip like Fried Rice Rolls with Pork; Turnip greens, or vegetables of all kinds with vermicelli; pork cakes, shrimp, bean sprouts ...


Nha Trang, Vietnam

Once settled on the night train, I was advised by the travelers to choose a bed located on the bottom floor and I am delighted that I own it. Not because the bed has less bed space, which means more space, but because it has a mattress (although it is very thin), while rigid carriages are hard boards. wooden, very uncomfortable.

I woke up at 7 am, just when the train stopped at Nha Trang station.

Along the Tran Phu I explore Yersin Museum and then to Long Son Pagoda (White Pagoda or Dang Long Pagoda), the pagoda was built to commemorate the monks who had set themselves on fire to oppress the regime. The government of Ngo Dinh Diem.


Hue, Vietnam

After two days in Nha Trang, I started the next leg of my trip to Hue. Again, I experienced a chaotic feeling on the train, the train looks a little dirty with scattered sunflower seeds. The bed sheets look crumpled and old. It is advisable for you to bring a sleeping bag when traveling (anywhere) and I have chosen to sleep in my sleeping bag.

13 hours later, the ship also arrived in Hue. Before that I also spent a lot of time watching the scenery through the windows of the train - rice fields, thick forest and cemetery scattered with the American flag, before coming to Ga Hue lunch that day. Hue is famous for its uncomfortable weather, especially in the spring. I stroll around the sprawling complex of temples and museums in the Imperial Citadel of Hue, which was once the home of the Nguyen Dynasty.



Hoi An, Vietnam

The next day, I jumped on a bus and spent three hours in unesco world heritage sites along the Hoi An coast. The feeling of walking in the ancient town of Hoi An is magical and I spent a day wandering here. That night I took a taxi to Danang city, and that was the last stop for my journey, before coming to Hanoi.

In Danang the atmosphere is very warm. I only wear a short-sleeved T-shirt (although the next morning I was on the train to Hanoi, I was shivering because of the cold). At this time, Hanoi is hidden in the fog, but while I found a road leading to the cake rolled stuffed minced pork, a coffee shop, the sun has also emerged.

There are so many things to see and do in Hanoi and I have a lot of time as I plan to do this month here. In addition to saving time and economic efficiency, I have only one wish during the night train of 1,726km from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi is a bed suitable for bed only.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

One pillar pagoda – a cultural highlight of Hanoi

One pillar pagoda – a cultural highlight of Hanoi One Pillar Pagoda is located in the heart of Hanoi capital. Near Ho Chi Minh Museum, ...